For your safety and in response to the current risk associated with the coronavirus, we can address many of your ENT needs from the comfort and safety of your home. Please schedule an appointment today to see one of our physicians via telehealth or virtual care.
What is a Telehealth Visit?
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable health care providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Live two-way audio and video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
VA ENT Telehealth Appointments
A few examples of appropriate telehealth visits include, but are not limited to:
- follow up appointments to review test results or a treatment plan,
- chronic ear infections documented by your pediatrician,
- post op follow-up visits
We are currently using Doxy.Me or FaceTime as platforms for these visits.
- Doxy.Me is a simple, free and secure telemedicine solution that is encrypted and HIPAA compliant. If you chose this platform, you will receive a link via email from your physician to join the appointment.
- FaceTime is videotelephone product available on Apple devices.
Telehealth Appointment Process
To schedule a telehealth appointment, please fill out this form or call 804-484-3700.
- Someone from our team will contact you via phone prior to your appointment to verify your demographic and insurance information
- At your appointment time, one of our clinical assistants will call you to update your medical information and send you a link to a Doxy.Me meeting.
- Check your email and spam folder for the invite.
- Allow the application to access your microphone and camera
- Join the meeting from a quiet area so that the doctor can hear you and you can hear the doctor
- The doctor will join the meeting. Be mindful there could be a few minute delay if he is completing an exam with another patient.
Expected Benefits of Telehealth
- Improved access to medical care.
- More efficient medical evaluation and management.
- Obtaining expertise of a distant specialist.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine.
These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical decision making by the physician.
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors.
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment.
Thank you for choosing Virginia ENT for your ear, nose and throat care!