Balloon Sinuplasty (BSP) is a safe and effective procedure for chronic sinusitis patients who are not responding well to medications and are seeking relief from uncomfortable and painful sinusitis symptoms. We offer this service at our West End and Midlothian locations.
With Balloon Sinuplasty, ENT doctors open inflamed sinuses in the same way that heart surgeons open up blocked arteries during balloon angioplasty. The procedure is less invasive than traditional sinus surgery and effective at relieving symptoms of chronic sinusitis. Balloon Sinuplasty allows patients to return to normal activities quickly. Unlike conventional sinus surgery, it does not include removal of bone or tissue from the nose.
The benefits of Balloon Sinuplasty include:
- It is performed under local anesthesia so the risks of general anesthesia are avoided and patients can drive themselves home after the procedure
- Recovery is much faster. While recovery time varies with each patient, most patients are able to return to normal activity within 2 days.
- There is minimal discomfort so typically patients are able to return to work the next day.
- It is covered by most insurance plans and in many cases the out-of-pocket expense is lower for the in-office procedure.
If you suffer from any of the following symptoms?
- Re-occurring sinus infections and/or facial pain
- Post nasal drip
The in-office Balloon Sinuplasty procedure may be of assistance to you. To learn more and to see how this procedure actually works click here.