One of the basic tools used for diagnosing sinus- and ear-related problems is a computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan. CT scanners create 3-dimensional x-ray images of the anatomy, giving physicians valuable information for an accurate diagnosis. Now, using the latest advancements in CT technology, our doctors can take sinus and temporal bone CT scans right in the Virginia ENT West End and Midlothian offices with the Xoran MiniCAT CT scanner. Our scanners are accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission.
The Xoran MiniCAT is a compact, upright CT scanner used for imaging the sinuses, temporal bones and skull base. These scanners provide the doctors immediate access to high-quality images. The advantages to these scanners include:
- The CT scans can be performed, read by the physician, and the results and treatment options discussed with patients all on the same day,
- The radiation dose is considerably less than the standard CT scanners making this much safer for patients (including pediatrics) and staff,
- The upright, open design is much more patient-friendly (especially for pediatric patients),
- The scan takes less than a minute which is quite a bit faster than the traditional CT scans,
- The cost is typically considerably less than for hospital-based and/or free-standing imaging center scanners (which is beneficial for patients and insurers).
The MiniCAT scanners are safe, efficient and cost-effective. The choice is clear! To learn more about the Xoran MiniCAT scanner click here.