Virginia ENT is proud to offer neurotology services for patients who have infections, dizziness, deafness, or who need ear reconstruction. Our skilled providers and dedicated surgery center make Virginia ENT a convenient and cost-effective option for Richmond-area patients.
Dr. Peter Rigby is Board Certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology in both otolaryngology and otology/neurotology. An otologist/neurotologist is a board-certified otolaryngologist who provides medical and surgical care of patients, both adult and pediatric, with diseases that affect the ears, balance system, temporal bone, skull base, and related structures of the head and neck.
Conditions treated by neurotologists include:
- Dizziness and vestibular (balance) diseases, such as Ménière's disease and vestibular neuronitis
- Skull base tumors, such as vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma)
- Facial nerve disorders, including facial nerve paralysis
- Hearing loss, tinnitus and deafness
- Certain conditions relating to the skull base
- Infectious and inflammatory diseases of the year